About One Brick Court
We help entrepreneurs and small business owners to start and grow profitable businesses.
This website was first launched in 2003 and over the years has transformed into a complete guide for entrepreneurs and new business founders to guide them through the murky waters of forming and running a company.
We help you to find out how, and where, to form your LLC. Our guides have helped new business owners in all 50 states to quickly get their business up and running without any hassle or legal jargon.
Put simply, we want to help you skip the painful and boring process of forming a new company so you can focus on what really matter – your new business!
Our Mission Statement
We're entrepreneurs just like you, and we've seen first hand how much misinformation is out there when it comes to forming a company. With that in mind, we have a very simple guiding set of principles.
- Keep it simple, stupid. Everything we suggest has to be as simple as possible. We won't advise you to incorporation in the Caymans or anything like that. Simple is always the best way to do anything.
- No jargon. We don't want to confuse you or make things more difficult for you, and so we'll use simple layman's terms so that you understand everything we have to say.
- People over profits. We do earn money if you use an LLC formation service we've recommended but we promise to only recommend the service we truly think is best – even if that makes us less (or no) money.
That's it! Our focus is on helping you to form and then run your company in the best way possible.
What We Do
Our goal is to produce the best content we can to help you form and operate your business to make sure it is as successful as possible. Our most popular content is focused around helping you find the best company to use to form your LLC, but we want to be there with you throughout your business journey.
Here's what you can expect from our content:
- in-depth articles that will help you to quickly form an LLC, no matter what state you want to incorporate in
- reviews of the best bookkeeping and accounting software
- the best tools and tricks we've used to improve and optimize our own businesses
- business case studies to help you learn from others on the same journey as you
Back in 2003, One Brick Court were specialists in media, communications and information law, including defamation, privacy, confidentiality, data protection, malicious falsehood, freedom of information, contempt and reporting restrictions. In short, they were a Jack-of-all-trades business.
Since 2020, we are focusing exclusively on helping new business owners to form, operate, and grow their businesses. We think this narrower focus will help us to deliver the best content we can to a very specific audience.
Owner and operator
Suzy is a serial entrepreneur who has been building, buying, and selling businesses since 2010. Her transactions total over $10m.
Her goal is to make business, finance, and entrepreneurship education as free, accessible, and easy to understand as possible.
Head of Content
Kathy is a true wordsmith and a seasoned journalist. After cutting her teeth in local media, she moved online and has since been focused on providing content that engages and educates her audience.
Her ability to build content marketing teams and hire expert writers has seen her drive over 10 million visits a month to her and her clients websites.