Nolo provides legal guidance, advice, and documents at relatively reasonable prices. Our Nolo review gives you the necessary details you need to make your decision.
So is Nolo legit? Nolo is definitely legit. Nolo does a great job when it comes to basic features such as speed, customer service, and ease of use. The Nolo website also has a lot of helpful material and articles available for free.
[CTA: Go To Nolo]
Table of Contents
Nolo is a legal help company offering DIY products, attorney, and articles for individuals and businesses. The company has garnered a huge 48 years of legal authority, during which it has provided over a million consultation requests.
Nolo claims to have over 1.7 million products sold, which isn’t far-fetched given its age and popularity. But what exactly are these products and how do they stack up against competitors such as [RocketLawyer] and [LegalZoom]? That’s what we’re going to find out in this review.
How it Works
Nolo provides customised documents such as estate planning forms like Wills, living trust, power of attorney, and so in. They also provide business formation services including LLC formation and Registered Agent Service.
You also have the option to speak with a lawyer via the website’s “Find A Lawyer” feature. You simply give a brief description of your case, the computer matches you with the right lawyer, and you can proceed to hire the attorney.
[CTA: Explore Nolo]
Nolo offers a lot of DIY products on their store for various prices. Their LLC formation pricing, however, comes in only two packages: the Basic service, and the Express Premiere Service.
1. The Basic Service – $99 + State Fee: the basic service is pretty simple – you get a standard filing and shipping takes about 1 or 2 weeks and you get a customised LLC operating agreement. This is not a bad deal for $99 plus state fee.
2. Express Premiere Service $299 + State Fee: with this get your standard filing of a LLC operating agreement, and you also get a priority rush filing and shipping, which speeds up your filing process from two weeks to two days.
You also get personalized LLC record kits and seal, with 20 membership certificates, stamped with your company name.
Finally with the express premiere service you get an IRS application for your federal tax ID number (EIN) filed for you.
[Get Started With Nolo]
We have to say that we particularly like Nolo’s two package system. It eliminates unnecessary divisions and price hikes, by giving two well-defined packages, with a clear audience in mind for both.
The basic package is obviously made for people want to get the company registered and nothing else. They’re also not particularly in a hurry, and are willing to get their EINs for themselves.
The premium package, on the other hand, is meant for people who, for some reason or another, need their filings done super fast, and wouldn’t mind getting all their own things done while the company takes care of other processes for them.
[Check Out Nolo]
1. Find A Lawyer – Nolo’s Find a Lawyer feature is one of the few attributes that separates the company from its competition. While other companies may also have something similar, most of them don’t provide actual attorney for hire but instead give you the opportunity to speak with them for a few minutes. Nolo actually pairs you with a suitable attorney, and gives you the opportunity to continue working with them.
2. Legal Encyclopaedia – Nolo offers a comprehensive store with numerous, highly educative materials available for purchase. The company is essentially building one vast legal encyclopaedia to make your forays into the legal world more pleasurable.
3. Materials – The company website also has a lot of helpful material and articles available for free. You can read more on a lot of law-related issues such as divorce and family law, criminal law, estate planning, intellectual property, and so on.
4. Free Calculator – Among the “numerous helpful resources” we referred to above is a free calculator on the Nolo website, capable of giving you an estimate of your mortgages, car payment, investments, retirement, among others.
[CTA: Visit Nolo]
Nolo has a one star out of five rating based on 46 verified reviews on TrustPilot. It has a Google ranking of 4.7/5 based on 624 reviews.
Here are some of what customers had to say:
Each question was accompanied by detail information about what you were answering and suggestions to help you get to the next question with ease (2) the price was UNDER $400 for their premium package (this of course could change in the future so don’t hold them to this forever). (3) I received a professional gold engraved business ledger/binder complete with company stamp.
[CTA: View More at Nolo]
1. Speed – Nolo’s turnaround time of one to two weeks is practically standard industry practice; its TAT of two days for the express package, on the other hand, is quite impressive.
2. Registered Agent Service – While Nolo itself does not offer Registered Agent Service, it does provide one through its partner commercial agent, Vcorp Services, for customers who wish to make use of a Registered Agent.
The fee for this is undisclosed.
3. Customer Service – Nolo has an active customer service available on all weekdays from 8am to 5pm. It also has a contact option on the website through which customers can send a quick email.
[CTA: Visit Nolo]
NOLO doesn’t seem to be as well-reviewed as some of its competitions. We think it may be because the company doesn’t pay much attention to customer follow-up.
There were also considerable number of attorneys who claimed to be unsatisfied with the leads provided by Nolo.
Nolo does a lot of things right through its undeniably useful features and resources like Find A Lawyer, Legal Encyclopaedia, mortgage calculator, and so on.
It also checks the mark when it comes to basic features such as speed, customer service, and ease of use.
In case you’re still unsure as to what LLC formation company to go with, feel free to check out our other in-depth reviews and comparisons: