Rocket Lawyer has been serving millions of customers since its inception in 2008. Despite the strong competition, they are very popular and have lots of positive reviews. Not only do they provide LLC formation services, but are a one-stop-shop for plenty of other legal services.
If you want help forming your LLC and need legal advice as well, then you should give Rocket Lawyer a look. They have a subscription-based model in which they provide various legal services. We have put together this comprehensive review for your benefit.
Read on to know more about Rocket Lawyer and the legal services which they provide!
Excited about forming your new business? Want to get some legal paperwork out of the way so that you can focus on growing your business? You can get a professional LLC formation service to help you out and leave your calendar free for other things!
Rocket Lawyer is a legal service provider dedicated to helping new businesses get access to affordable legal support, LLC formation service, and a lot more! To know more about their legal services, the packages they offer, and whether you should choose them or not, keep reading!
With all the red tape and legal jargon, taking the DIY route for LLC formation is a hassle. With confusing information available on the internet, you can’t even trust the credibility and reliability of those sources. We don’t want you to waste your precious time and energy!
To make sure that you don’t spend hours searching on the internet for authentic information, we have put together this comprehensive review of a popular LLC formation service provider, Rocket Lawyer.
Rocket Lawyer Pros and Cons
Benefits of Rocket Lawyer
- Multiple Legal Services. At Rocket Lawyer, you get LLC formation services along with other online legal services. We all know how much lawyers cost and as new startup owners, we can’t always afford their charges.
You can get ongoing legal help from Rocket Lawyer at affordable rates. They have over 20 million customers and have stellar customer feedback. Their membership package includes incorporation services, registered agent services, quick legal answers, easy-to-use contracts, etc.
- Access to Legal Forms. Rocket Lawyer provides access to a huge library of easy-to-use legal forms and documents. Legal papers such as business operating agreements, etc. are also provided by them.
They have an intuitive form builder that helps you create legal documents and contracts.
- Online Legal Consultation. You get complimentary legal consultation with experienced lawyers regarding any legal matters. This is a huge plus. There are several legal services online that provide you the opportunity of speaking with a lawyer over the phone, but a few offer you the ability to send your legal queries and get answers.
The company has many “on-call” lawyers whose sole job is to answer the questions that you post. There are lawyers in various specialties including, intellectual property, legal contracts, business law, etc.
For those of you who don’t have time to spend hours on the phone with the attorney but have a pressing legal matter, this is a huge plus! If you have a membership plan, then you can ask as many questions as you want, free of cost.
If you are not a member, then you will have to pay $49.99 for each question!
- Excellent Customer Service. Rocket Lawyer has stellar customer service and deserves extra points for their services. You can contact them via phone, email, or live chat. User reviews indicate that the customer representatives are polite, courteous, and well-informed.
They have extended customer service hours – Rocket Lawyer customer reps are available for 12 hours, 5 days a week! They don’t try to upsell you but rather offer genuine information about services that you actually need.
- 7-Day Free Trial. What we like about Rocket Lawyer is the fact that you can use their service for 7 days on a trial basis. If you are not satisfied, you have the option to cancel. Moreover, even if you continue with the membership and in the middle want to opt-out, you get a 30-days money-back guarantee.
They will try to resolve your issue, and upon failing to do so, you will get your money back. What adds serious credibility to Rocket Lawyer’s services is the fact that it is a Google Ventures-backed company.
Cons of Rocket Lawyer
- Expensive Membership Plans. Since Rocket Lawyer’s packages are comprehensive, they are expensive as well. If you are looking to form an LLC only and don’t need other legal services, then Rocket lawyer is not the choice for you.
- No Customer Support on Weekends. As new business owners, it is hard to keep regular hours. Since phone support is available only on weekdays, you can’t contact Rocket Lawyer’s support team if you have any questions on weekends.
Rocket Lawyer LL Service Pricing
Is Rocket Lawyer Excellent Value for Money?
On the whole, Rocket lawyer is a good legal service provider. However, when it comes to LLC formation, they charge slightly more than their competitors and offer fewer features. Therefore, if you are looking for legal services, you will be satisfied with their packages.
However, if LLC formation is your sole goal, then you are bound to be left asking for more. The order process is fairly simple. You have to put in your personal information and then choose the features that you need. There are two packages offered by Rocket Lawyer:
- Premium Member
If you want to form an LLC and don’t want other legal services, you can select this option. They will charge you $99.99 to incorporate your company.
You will get the following services from Rocket Lawyer if you are a non-member and choose their LLC formation services.
- Business Name Availability Check
- Articles of Organization – Preparation & Filing
- Business Operating Agreement
- Online Document Storage
- Customer Support
- Articles of Organization – Preparation and Filing. In order to form your LLC, there are certain documents that you need to file with your state of formation. If you use Rocket lawyer to form your LLC, they will draft the required documents and file them with the desired state as well.
- Business Name Availability Check. We all know how much effort you have put into selecting the name of your business. But what if the name you selected has already been taken up by some other entity?
Rocket Lawyer has access to your state of formation’s business database. They will search through the database and check to see if the name you selected is available or not.
- Business Operating Agreement. A business operating agreement is a document that lays down rules for the smooth working of your organization. Moreover, it shows the hierarchy of your company as well.
You will get a business operating template from Rocket lawyer, customized according to the requirements of your company.
- Document Storage Dashboard. Find it difficult to keep a track of all your documents and keep them in one place? With a Rocket lawyer, you don’t have to worry about this. The electronic copies of your formation papers will be available in online document storage on Rocket Lawyer.
Additionally, they will also mail you the hard copies of all your legal documents. Pretty handy, right?
- Customer Support. You will have access to their customer support via email or phone.
Premium Member Package
Rocket Lawyer is basically a legal service provider and they have expert lawyers who are there to assist you. You can avail of all their legal services at a monthly subscription of $39.99. You can try their services for 7 days without paying. After this, you have to pay the monthly subscription fees.
You can cancel your subscription anytime, so there is no risk in trying their free trial offer at least. When it comes to LLC formation, it is free for new members who opt for the premium membership and 25% off for the existing members and any other LLC that you form.
When it comes to the features, there is no difference between those present in the member and non-member packages. The main difference is that you get your hands on various other features.
The features present in their premium member package are:
- Legal Documents
- Attorney Services
- Answers to Legal Queries
- 30-minute consultation
- Up to 40% discount on hiring a Rocket Lawyer
- Free LLC Formation (New Members)
- 25% off on Registered Agent Services
- Legal Documents. You can create a large variety of legal and business documents with Rocket Lawyer. Moreover, you can sign, download, share, and print these documents whenever you want.
With each document you create, you will receive “Document Defense”. Document defense keeps you protected in case any dispute arises with your Rocket Lawyer document. All you have to do is contact Rocket Lawyer and they will handle the rest.
- Answers to Legal Queries. If you have any legal queries, you can post your question and a professional lawyer will provide you a solution. For non-members, each question requires almost $50, which is a huge sum! You also get a 30-minute consultation with a lawyer, one-on-one, if you are not satisfied with the written answer.
- Discounted Attorney Services. If you need to hire a lawyer from their firm, and you are a premium member, you will get up to a 40% discount. For non-members, no discount is available!
- Registered Agent Service. Want to keep your address off public records? You can use the Registered Agent service provided by Rocket Lawyer. They will receive all legal documentation on your behalf and then forward it to you.
If you are a premium member, you will get a 25% discount. For a non-member, the charges are $149.99.
Rocket Lawyer Customer Reviews
No matter how good a company and service provider looks on paper, you should never go for it without reading the user reviews and customer feedback. Only when you experience something are you qualified enough to hold an opinion about it.
When it comes to Rocket Lawyer, there are thousands of reviews online by their customers, most of which are positive. Usually, the customers are satisfied with the ease of use as well as the 7-day free trial they get to check out the legal services offered.
The online reviews indicate that the customers appreciate their form builder and the helpful tips they got along the way. Moreover, user reviews indicate that you don’t have to wait for a long time to get in touch with the customer support representative.
One thing that the users didn’t like was that you have to provide your credit card info to access the free trial. Many people forget to unsubscribe, and since you don’t get a notification once the trial is over, and they end up getting charged.
If you don’t want the monthly subscription, then make sure you cancel your account online or contact customer services.
Best Rocket Lawyer Alternative
You landed on this review looking specifically for information about Rocket Lawyer and their LLC formation services, but for us to provide a fair review we also need to make it clear that they may not be the best option, depending on your needs.
They do offer a good service but for a straightforward LLC formation, there are better alternatives. This is why for most entrepreneurs and business owners, we recommend ZenBusiness.
ZenBusiness is the LLC Jet recommended service because their price is incredibly low, the customer support is top-notch, and they include everything you would want when forming your company in a simple package intended to get your company formed fast.
To find out more, read our comprehensive ZenBusiness LLC review.
Is Rocket Lawyer Worth It?
Now comes the million-dollar question: Is Rocket Lawyer LLC worth your money? There are a few things you need to look at before you arrive at the answer. Are you looking for an LLC formation service only? Do you want a complete package with varying legal services for your company?
If you simply want to form your LLC, then you shouldn’t use Rocket Lawyer. There are many other LLC formation services out there with features and affordable rates. A few of them offer free LLC formation services and most of them provide free registered agent services for a whole year.
If these are the things that are important for you, then Rocket Lawyer is not the option for you. For an entrepreneur and a new business owner, there are other options like ZenBusiness that are better.
- Overall Value. As far as the prices are concerned for LLC formation, Rocket Lawyer is expensive as compared to its competitors. As a new business owner, you can easily receive better services at less rates.
However, if you are looking for a compact legal package, and you can’t afford a lawyer, then Rocket Lawyer is a service you can use. With its monthly subscription, you get valuable discounts along with free legal document templates.
Before jumping in and signing up, check the services and features you are getting and see if they are required by your business or not.
- Customer Reviews. Rocket Lawyer has been around for a long time. Since its inception, it has served millions of customers. In the beginning, they only offered online legal services. Slowly, they expanded their service and now Rocket Lawyer provides a lot of services from incorporating a business to getting help on legal issues.
Their customers have provided stellar reviews for them. However, there are a few reviews complaining that they don’t get a notification when their trial period is up and they get charged.
- Customer Support. You will be satisfied with the customer support you receive from them via phone, email, or live chat. Their operating hours are 9 am to 9 pm (ET) from Monday to Friday. The call gets through to the customer service very quickly and their customer representatives are friendly and well-informed.
If you send an email to them, you will get a response from them within 24 hours. They do have a live chat option but that is not exactly a live chat, but rather a searchable FAQ. After you type in a few keywords regarding the issue that you are having, you will be matched with the related questions and their answers.
- Ease of Use. When it comes to ease of use and placing an order, it is something that depends on your perspective. There are no tiered packages like other services, but they do have a few add-ons which you can choose while signing up for their services.
- Turnaround Time. The turnaround time varies from state to state. To get an estimated time, you will have to go through the order form and reach the page where you select the option to expedite your order or not.
It would have been nice if you didn’t have to go through so many steps before finding out the turnaround time in your state.
Bottom Line: If you are interested in getting legal services along with LLC formation services, then Rocket Lawyer is a good option for you. If that is not the case, and all you want is to incorporate your company, then there are plenty of other formation services that offer better packages and features.
Compare All LLC Services
See how Northwest Registered Agent LLC compares to other LLC formation services like LegalZoom
Rocket Lawyer FAQs
With over 20 million customers, it is hard to find an online legal service provider that can compete with the experience level of Rocket Lawyer. When you sign up for their monthly subscription, you get a lot of additional features such as legal documents, legal help from professional lawyers, etc.
If you don’t want legal services and are looking to incorporate your company at affordable rates, then you should look at options other than Rocket Lawyer.
Rocket Lawyer is the best bet for businesses who are looking for on-going legal advice. With a simple order process and quality customer feedback, you should try out their 7-day trial period to get a feel before you make a decision.
Here’s to you forming a successful business, folks!